Thursday, August 16, 2007

Paliparan






Murmurs Mumblings - My Thoughts

conversation with myself, rants, and more mumblings

Paliparan


I like riding planes. I like the 'change of pressure' feeling of taking off. i like the buzzing sound of the plane in my machine. I like viewing in the window , be it blinding white clouds or pitch black sky.

But...

I suck at airport scenes. Whenever, i am at the airport an internal cinema in my mind stats to reel -off,showcasing all the highlights in my life so far (i know,it sounds spooky, but rest assured that i don't see a tunnel of light). Then, i will start feeling nostalgic.Subconsciously, (probably) this is the reason that i seldom go back to Manila for a visit (primary reason would still be i am too stingy).

Three.Three airport scenes reduced mushroom me to tears.

Flight #5J804 Cebu Pacific: Singapore to Manila
Preparation of stuffs to take back to Manila is chaotic as per normal. This time i need to squeeze more stuffs since i need to bring home everything now. (please
imagine squeezing teacups, stuff toys and books in a 20kilos quota)
I'm very relieved and grateful to my housemate L and her partner for volunteering to take me to the airport, i already felt 'harassed' with the preparation and not sure if i have enough energy to hail a cab.
As an added bonus, three of my close friends, (close as in closeta..chux!) were also there to send me of:Chilis Ey, F, and D. When they saw my luggages, i say they fall in awe. :p especially my hand-carry bag.(it nearly broke my shoulder) I even have the gall to bet that i will only have 3 kilos excess. The clerk said it was 14 kilos, i retorted that is my body's excess kilos. Oh well...

since, we still have a few hours to kill we started to draft the proposed 'chili bases'. Me will be in Bono land, Ey will be in the big apple, F will be in the kiwis, D willbe in Borubudur and beloved A will stay in beloved *toot*

Afterwhich, we did some 'tasty food' sighting in the hallway (read: maghanap ng malinamnam na lalaki) and as expected, we all ended saying 'puro bilasa naman yan'
We then proceeded to okarayan, this time we make okray on the people saying goodbye before entering the immigration section. Most of those who cried were couples, to which i haughtily say, 'See! maghihiwalay din kayo, jowa jowa pa kasi' ...please pass the ampalaya.

Then, it's my time to stand up and proceed to the immig as well...while giving the customary beso beso, with a wry smile, tears started forming in my eyes.

Chili F is correct in saying that the sadness i felt is partially because i will be leaving SG as my working place.

What i didn't admit in front of them is that i am starting to miss their company and i really can't help crying about it.So off i go to my night plane without sleeping a wink and busy dabbing my cheeks.



Flight #234 JetStar: Manila to Singapore
At my age, stories of having some falling off with parents is very common. What is more common is the complaint of parents starting to be so 'makulit' of everything. Imagine hauling 2 'kids' in a out of country holiday, with spurs of 'tampo-tampo' moment. Actually,it would have been easier for me if they were just really kids.

Fast forward, me and family in NAIA to send me off.My 'yaya-yaya's eyes started turning red, in this case,i have to hold myself back and started consoling her. My
dad is a 'stage dad', he always have to take photo of me pushing the trolley and demands a kiss on the cheek before going. He said that he will not show any dramatics as he remember that when i was still a kid,(he was working in saudi) instead of waving goodbye and crying, i was smiling and giving him a shooing wave. Duh! Sayang kaya dollars! chux!

I then peered on my mum's eyes, i felt relieved that her face looks clear. Mum is emo on these kind of things.Whenever, anyone in the family leaves, she was always crying at the airport. I remember the time that my sis left for singapore for work, it was on the same date that Erap got ousted in Malacanang. My mum cried seeing the telecast of departure of Erap. Ngek diba?

So, off i go i thought everything seems to be okay now.Then, my mother rang, her voice was cracking, and in a loud sob she said:
"Anak, nakalimutan mo yung monay".

in context, it really sounds so hilarious, but on that time it was a poignant statement Mum felt bad that i was going off somewhere farther,despite my promise that i will try to visit frequently (which she quicky retorts,"sa singapore pa nga lang once a year ka lang umuwi sa kakunatan eh pano nayan masmalayo na!).

Good thing, she cannot see me despite my calm voice my tears were streaking madly on the floor. It really breaks me to hear my mum crying...



< more..>

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No comment. Other than to say na hope you're having a great time over there. If you happen to bump shoulder with Bono, please do us (Southeast) Asians a favor: ask him to stage a gig in sunny Singapore. I'd be willing to pay kahit 3 figure sum ang cheapest ticket!!!

Keep writing!

Anonymous said...

aw aw de karabaw! well, ma dramatics sa airport talga... it shaped me actually...

1. hey, di na tayo tuloy sa dinner kasi nasa airport na ako, nakacheckin papuntang dubai... (fart)
2. tito, pa hug.
3. chenelyn cchenelyn
4. quickie sa airport with a masarap na pilot (wish ko lang)
5. krayola ever

o wells.

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

nawarlah ako sa comment ni anonymous! ano ang chenelyn chenelyn? :P

aoi soba said...

Papa Bear! kumusta na ang piiiiiiinakamagaling na developer hehehe.Lau Pa Sat tayo ha!
sige yun lang pala eh! kaya lang nde ata feel ang masyadong sunny, pag nde ko nakita si Bono kay Dolores riordan ka na lang

aoi soba said...

Dear Anonymous,
so karelate ako dyan sa comment...lalo na yang 1 mwheheheheh....tara dubai tayo!