Sunday, May 06, 2007

MyCamera.MyLife






Murmurs Mumblings - MyCamera.MyLife

conversation with myself, rants, and more mumblings

Still Standing


When taking pictures using the Ol' manual SLR (read: film) camera, the photographer had to take control of all the settings in the camera for the subject in the output picture will look well against the background. You have to control the aperture, the shutter speed, the ISO graininess and of course to focus on the subject. Except for the seasoned photographers, getting the combinations for all these setting can be too confusing and from time to time, you'll end up with frustrating results. Practice of course will definitely improves your skill. Or...you can get some 'help' thru technology. Such is the case of DigitalSLR,offering pre-programmed configurations to help you while you are busy fidlling with other settings.One case,you set the aperture and let the camera do the adjustment in shutter speed. PRoblem in setting the 'white' benchmark, there's the AWB. And for clueless the Auto-Pointand shoot mode is also available.

I run my life like a manual slr, i try to control all things in my life on my own: time, family affairs, budget, social affairs, career development, work habit,education and yes even my hair (Mantra: "hair straight out now!"). I tend to plan things 20 steps ahead to get the result that i want. Sometimes i get it, sometimes i don't.
Most of the times, no matter how detailed my plan there are these big variables: i cannot control other people, i cannot control my environment.And yes it is really frustrating and makes me wanna give up and slack.
My plate is just too full. I need help. I wanted to believe everything will still be alright. and that's where Faith comes in.

I pray to my Creator to enlighten me, to lend me strength and to give me grace. my Creator is like a pre-programmed configuration in cameras: we do the shots, He'll handle the settings. and voila, the picture will come out nicely.
It sounds trivial but i don't think i would still be able to appreciate everything that surruonds me now if He didn't helped me. PErhaps i would still be very busy fiddling on the "other knobs" of my life, that i would totally forgot to enjoy the the scenery.

2 comments:

Echoserang Frog said...

everybody needs help, even spiderman did. =)

hinga lang ng malalim. keh?

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen." -Hebrews 11:13